Occupancy is limited to households in which the head or spouse is at least 62 years of age
Crandon is a progressive rural community located 30 minutes east of Rhinelander. Fishing, boating, hunting and hiking are just some of the recreational activities in the area. Crandon is also home to the international off-road championship races. If that isn’t for you, how about two Native American casinos in the area?
Acorn Apartments is situated in the midst of all of this activity. A modern, one-story building with 14 apartments, Acorn presents residents with quiet, secure and affordable living for those who like small-town neighborliness, while not giving up basic amenities.
CCB Housing Management provides Tenant Service Coordinators to work with tenants at no cost to them. Coordinators work to link tenants to services in their community which can assist them in maintaining their independence by: developing educational programs for tenants with a focus on wellness and independence; promoting awareness by tenants and families of entitlement and benefit programs available; obtaining information regarding equipment and assistive devices; providing referrals to home healthcare and homecare agencies; and providing problem-solving assistance and advocacy where needed.
- Apartments for people over 62 years of age
- Rent set at 30% of monthly, adjusted income
- All utilities included in the rent
- Smoke-free facility
- Safe, maintenance-free apartments and grounds
- 14 well-equipped apartments
- Walk-in showers
- One apartment is handicap accessible, complete with roll-in shower stall.
- Secured access
- Single story building
- Air conditioning
- Indoor mail delivery
- Community room
- Onsite laundry facilities
- Friendly, responsive management
- Pet friendly
- Off-street parking
- Tenant Service Coordinator available
- Within walking distance of the nutrition site