Occupancy is limited to households in which the head or spouse is at least 62 years of age.
Conrath is a small, rural community tucked into southern Rusk County, about a dozen minutes south of Ladysmith, the county seat and regional commercial center, serving Conrath and numerous other surrounding communities. Originally named Main Creek, the village changed its name to Conrath, the family name of Frank and Charles, prominent loggers in the area during the height of timber harvest era of the last century. At its zenith in 1920, population wise, Conrath boasted 145 residents. Today it hovers around 100. The original namesake, Main Creek, still smoothly flows through town, just to the north of Main Creek Villa.
For those seeking affordable, modern and quiet country living, Main Creek Villa fits that definition to a T. The Villa has eight one-bedroom apartments in a beautifully designed and situated building. Within walking distance are a community grocery store, a post office, a library and the town hall. Please come and have a look!
- Apartments for people 62 years of age or older
- Rental assistance for eligible households
- Rent amount is based on 30% of adjusted monthly income
- All utilities included
- Smoke-free living
- Maintenance-free apartments, building and grounds
- Off-street parking
- Secured access
- One handicap-accessible apartment
- Single story, easy access building
- Indoor mail delivery
- Ample community room
- On site coin laundry
- Pet friendly
- Eight well-equipped apartments
- Free WiFi
- Air conditioning in apartments
- New heating system
- Manager site visits, usually weekly