This one-story building in a quiet neighborhood provides its residents with a secure environment and ready access to downtown Superior amenities including restaurants, retail outlets, the public library, a supermarket, a museum/historical society and houses of worship. Oakwood houses people with chronic mental illness who choose to live independently. Its 10 one-bedroom and 2 two-bedroom units, come with a community room, laundry and inside mail delivery. Across the alley is a playground with a basketball court.
Ample parking adjoins the building. Oakwood is just blocks from the Port of Superior and Lake Superior, offering vistas of the beautiful lake and the comings and goings of both “lakers” and “salties”, the former boats which operate only on the Great Lakes and the latter ships that may come from any part of the world.
- Rent set at 30% of monthly, adjusted income
- All utilities included in the rent
- Safe, maintenance-free apartments and grounds
- 12 well-equipped apartments
- Private baths with tub/shower
- Secured access
- Air conditioning
- Indoor mail delivery
- Community room
- Picnic area
- Onsite laundry facilities
- Friendly, responsive management
- Pet friendly
- Off-street parking