Occupancy is limited to households in which the head or spouse is at least 62 years of age.
Northwoods Village (aka Northwoods I) Apartments sits atop a hill within walking distance of the blue expanse of North Twin Lake, one of a number of pristine bodies of water in the Phelps area. Phelps offers many small-town amenities, including churches, a museum, restaurants, a convenience store and even a women’s club. Proximity to Eagle River presents Northwoods residents with easy access to a much wider range of options.
Northwoods Village is owned by Northwoods Housing Association and operated by Catholic Charities Bureau Housing Management, the latter an affordable housing provider for over 40 years. While tenants live independently, CCB Housing Management provides housekeeping of communal areas inside the building and complete grounds keeping. Emergency maintenance is covered 24/7 and complete routine apartment maintenance is provided at no cost to residents.
- Rental assistance from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for eligible households
- Rent at 30% of monthly, adjusted income for those eligible
- A utilities allowance to offset consumption costs
- Safe, maintenance-free apartments with patio door access to green spaces
- Well-equipped one- and two-bedroom units
- Secured access
- Pet friendly rules
- Indoor mail delivery
- Large community room
- Dish and cable ready
- On site laundry facilities
- Ample off-street parking