Occupancy is limited to households in which the head or spouse is at least 62 years of age.
In response to the 2001 tornado, which destroyed numerous residential and commercial buildings, CCB Housing Management was successful in securing U.S. government and other support to build Lilac Grove, completed in July of 2008. This new and well-appointed building has 14 one-bedroom apartments, a community room with a kitchen and vaulted ceilings and a four-season porch which serves as another communal area for reading, playing games and just relaxing. Built- in emergency response and visitor entry systems make Lilac Grove state-of-the art for security and convenience.
Siren, almost fully recovered from the tornado, offers all the amenities of a small town: parks and lake recreation, retail outlets, a new supermarket, restaurants, a cinema, hardware and banking, county government offices and more, all surrounded by rivers, lakes and forested areas with abundant wildlife. If you like easy access to large urban environments, the Twin Cities are an easy trip away.
Lilac Grove Apartments is served by a Tenant Services Coordinator, a professional charged with assisting participating residents with accessing desired services and resources.
- Rent set at 30% of monthly, adjusted income
- All utilities included in the rent
- All apartments are non-smoking.
- Safe, maintenance-free apartments and grounds
- 14 well-equipped single-bedroom units
- Private baths with tub/shower
- Secured access
- Indoor mail delivery
- Community room and sun room
- Onsite laundry facilities
- Friendly, responsive management
- Pet friendly
- Off-street parking
- Tenant service Coordinator