Occupancy is limited to households in which the head or spouse is at least 62 years of age.
Evergreen Apartments present a unique housing option. Nestled in a small cove bordered on two sides by grassy areas and woods (with evergreens!), Evergreen Apartments feels like what its name conjures up: a distinctly rural, peaceful setting. The site even includes a fenced vegetable garden and shaded sitting areas that feel like being in the woods. Shell Lake , with its park and water recreation areas, is a short walk away and the community proper just a few blocks beyond that. The building itself, a two-story, 20-unit complex (19 single-bedroom, 1-two bedroom) has a design that incorporates balconies on the upper floor and small patios on the lower. Its brick and wood façade makes it blend naturally into a lakeside town environment.
Though a smallish rural community, Shell Lake boasts the presence of the headquarters of the Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College , a multi-campused, award-winning operation, as well as the commercial, public and religious establishments one might expect in such a place.
Evergreen Apartments is served by a Tenant Services Coordinator, a professional charged with assisting participating residents with accessing desired services and resources.
- Rent set at 30% of monthly, adjusted income
- All utilities included in the rent
- All apartments are non-smoking.
- Safe, maintenance-free apartments and grounds
- Well-equipped 1 and 2-bedroom units
- Secured access
- Patio or balcony apartments
- Air conditioning
- Indoor mail delivery
- Community room
- Onsite laundry facilities
- Friendly, responsive management
- Pet friendly
- Off-street parking
- Garden area
- Tenant Service Coordinator
- Proximity to clinic, hospital and shopping in Spooner.