Housing limited to persons with developmental disabilities
Acorn Apartments is a 14-unit (6 one-bedroom and 8 two-bedroom) apartment building designed to provide comfortable, secure homes for people with developmental disabilities. Recent renovations include a new roof, new siding and windows, along with a large screen porch for mosquito-free spring, summer and fall enjoyment. These improvements have only strengthened Acorn’s appeal for those seeking affordable yet stylish living accommodations.
The large campus at Acorn is accentuated by a deep offset from the street, where evergreens and other trees grow. A small garden area has recently been developed. With only an alley behind the building, this low-traffic setting may be just what the doctor ordered. Nevertheless, Acorn Apartments is located just a few blocks from commercial and public amenities which facilitate easy access to the necessities of life.
- Housing limited to persons with developmental disabilities
- Rent set at 30% of monthly, adjusted income
- All utilities included in the rent
- All apartments are non-smoking.
- Safe, maintenance-free apartments and grounds
- Well-equipped 1- to 2-bedroom apartments
- Private baths with tub/shower
- Secured access
- Air conditioning
- Window treatments
- Indoor mail delivery
- Community room with attached screened patio
- Picnic area
- Onsite laundry facilities on each floor
- Friendly, responsive management
- Pet friendly
- Off-street parking
- Tenant Service Coordinator
- Within walking distance to noon Senior meal site
- Reduced price taxi service as well as $1 transportation (each way) to Walmart provided by Senior Center